With the new year comes new ways to get out and experience all that Tuscaloosa has to offer. Below we list some of the upcoming things to do, places to go, and people to see in Tuscaloosa for the month of January.
- HOLIDAYS ON THE RIVER ICE RINK – (1/5/17-1/16/17) This premier holiday event is appropriate for people of all ages. Patrons will enjoy a beautifully decorated 60 ’X 100’ outdoor rink; complete with holiday characters and hourly snow flurries in a fantastic “winter wonderland”. Come watch generations skate together and commence your new family holiday tradition. Tickets to skate may be purchased online or at the box office on-site. Viewing admission is free of charge.
(Image courtesy of Holidays on the River)
2. Live Music at Band of Brothers Friday, January 6 – Will feature a special performance from the spectacular Tarred & Feathered Band. They cover artists like Bob Dylan, Allman Brothers, Tom Petty, Jimmy Buffet, Marc Brousard, and Amos Lee. JoJo’s Food Trunk will be on site. No Cover. Band starts at 7:00 p.m.
(Image courtesy of Band of Brothers)
3. FARMERS MARKET – The Farmers Market at the River Market is open from 7 a.m. to noon on Saturdays in January. Vendors set up ripe red tomatoes and famous Chilton County peaches. Musicians sit propped up against the door, playing guitars as you walk in, and freshly brewed iced tea is for sale to help battle the heat. Additionally, local Food Trucks, bakers, artists, and craftsmen gather here to sell their gourmet grub, fresh-baked yeast rolls, homemade jams and jellies and hand-carved cutting boards.
(Image courtesy of The Rivermarket)
4. DINO DAY AT CHOM! – Dino Day, Saturday, January 14, 2017 10am – 4pm Make a Dino Craft! Touch a T-Rex Tooth! Compare your footprint to a dinosaur! See Dino poop! All activities included in admission!
(Image courtesy of CHOM)
5. Travis Tritt Acoustic Concert at The Bama Thursday – January 26 – The Bama Theatre invites you to enjoy a special evening with CMA and Grammy award-winning country artist, Travis Tritt. Experience this rare opportunity featuring the multi-platinum artist in an intimate solo-acoustic setting where his powerful voice and his guitar are the subject of the spotlight. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Ticket prices are $59.75 and $49.75.
(Image courtesy of Google)
Did we leave something off people should know about? Please share it below!