While the days are still chilly, especially in the mornings and evenings, it’s good to know where to get a warm cup of coffee or tea. We’re sharing our favorite spots around town to grab a bevvy and maybe a muffin or scone.
- A favorite place for coffee and food. Its downtown location is convenient for students and locals. A great place for great food, coffee, and tea. Check out their event page on their website.
- Our recommended drink: The Silky Sweet
- 405 20th Avenue, Suite 2, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- A favorite of students and locals, Heritage House has three locations in the Tuscaloosa area. The coffee and tea house is a favorite study spot for students, and locals love stopping in for a gourmet coffee or to catch up with friends.
- Our recommended drink: Bama Blitz
- Alberta (The Gateway) Northport (Towncenter), Tuscaloosa (Riverfront)
- The new kid on the block, Monarch Espresso Bar opened just last week, and is serving up craft coffee drinks. Located near Government Plaza, Monarch is within walking distance for anyone working downtown.
- Our recommended drink: Try anything! This is a brand new menu and we can’t wait to find our favorite,
- 714 22nd Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Nehemiah’s is located in the Forest Lake area, and is a part of the ministry of Forest Lake Baptist Church. They serve Gobena coffee at great prices, and regularly feature live music after hours. Check out Nehemiah’s when you’re out running errands or check their schedule and include a night of live music and great coffee as part of your next date night.
- Our recommended drink: Raspberry Mocha
- 101 18th St, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- O’Henry’s, a long-time favorite in Birmingham, opened up in late 2016 at the intersection of University Boulevard and Lurleen Wallace South. With plenty of community tables, O’Henry’s makes meeting other Tuscaloosans easy. Just grab a cup and take a seat!
- Our recommended drink: Cafe Au Lait
- 2531 University Blvd, Ste. 100, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Not a coffee fan? Or maybe just want to switch things up? Go to Tea Town in downtown Northport, or catch them at the River Market on Saturday mornings. They combine fruits and herbs to high quality tea leaves from around the world that produces delightfully delicious results. You can find Tea Town right next to Mary’s Cakes and Pastries.
- Our recommended drink: Tea Town Chai
- 412 22nd Ave, Northport, AL 35476
Share your favorite cup of coffee in Tuscaloosa with us!