Football season is back in full swing, and crisper temperatures are slowly making their way back down to Tuscaloosa. As fall makes itself at home, we’re looking forward to a month full of exciting activities around town. Whether you’re looking for Halloween-themed events for all ages or the season’s best festivals, the Alice Maxwell Team has your go-to list of fun this month!
Music & Theatre
- “Intimate Apparel” at Marian Gallaway Theatre – Oct. 1-6 at various times
- “Annie Jr.” at Bama Theatre – Oct. 4-6 at various times
- “Steel Magnolias” at Theatre Tuscaloosa – Oct. 4-13 at various times
- Tuscaloosa Symphony Orchestra Music and Wine Pairing Dinner at Evangeline’s Restaurant – Oct. 14 from 6-9 p.m.
- Riley Green: Get That Man a Beer Tour at Druid City Music Hall – Oct. 17 at 9 p.m.
- Concerts at The Cypress with Shadows – Oct. 25 at 7 p.m.
- The Black Jacket Symphony at Bama Theatre – Oct. 25 at 8 p.m.
- Big Wild at Druid City Music Hall – Oct. 30 at 8:30 p.m.
Local Festivals & Events
- Kentuck Art Night at Kentuck Arts Center – Oct. 3 from 6-9 p.m.
- Pride Block Party at Grace Aberdean Habitat Alchemy – Oct. 4 from 6-9 p.m.
- Kristen Amerson Youth Foundation Inaugural Strike Out Suicide Bowling Night at Bowlero -Oct. 5 from 6-8 p.m.
- Margarita Crawl Tuscaloosa – Oct. 5 from 3.9 p.m.
- Putting the Pub at Loosa Brews – Oct. 5 from 1-4 p.m.
- Second Annual Tuskaloosa Oktoberfest at 301 Bistro – Oct. 5 from 12-6 p.m.
- DCP Drag Brunch at The Lookout Rooftop Bar – Oct. 5 at 11 a.m.
- Druid City Pride Festival at Government Plaza – Oct. 6 from 1:30-6:30 p.m.
- An Evening with Kelly Link at Dinah Washington Cultural Arts Center – Oct. 8 from 8-9 p.m.
- Moundville Native American Festival at Moundville Archaeological Park – Oct. 9-12
- Connect to Your Coast at Black Warrior Brewing Company – Oct. 10 from 3-11 p.m.
- 48th Kentuck Festival of the Arts at Kentuck Park – Oct. 12-13 from 9-5 daily
- Out of the Darkness Community Walk at the Ferguson Center – Oct. 13 from 1-4 p.m.
- Brews and ‘Que at The University Club – Oct. 17 from 5-8 p.m.
- Tennessee Volunteers at Bryant-Denny Stadium – Oct. 19, time TBD
- Homecoming: Arkansas Razorbacks at Bryant-Denny Stadium – Oct. 26, time TBD
- T-Town Witches Ride at Government Plaza – Oct. 13 from 3-6 p.m.
- Tech or Treat at Tuscaloosa Gateway – Oct. 24 from 6-8 p.m.
- Trunk or Treat Festival at University Church of Christ – Oct. 27 from 6-8 p.m.
- A Haunting at the Museum at Alabama Museum of Natural History – Oct. 29 from 6-8 p.m.
- The Wildest Halloween Ever at Egan’s Bar – Oct. 31 at 10 p.m.
We hope October in Tuscaloosa is just as fun and spooky as you hoped for!